Students interested at USF Sarasota-Manatee are required to go through a few steps prior to the printing of their document. First, a student must be in possession of the following items. Once a student has these items, they can pick between remote and local printing.
1. A student should have their student ID in their possession.
2. A student must know their own NetID (If your email is firstname.lastname@example.org, then your NetID is jsmith)
Local printing is done through the open use desktops found within either the Information Commons or the Student Success Lounge. Simply log into a desktop with your NetID and password any time the building is open, and pull up your document to print. From here, students should choose to print to the "Ricoh Universal". If you have chosen the correct printer, in a few seconds after sending it to print the printer application should pop up a box on your screen. This box will ask for your NetID, which you must enter for the document to deliver. From here, you're ready to use the print station. (scroll past remote printing)
If you have decided to print remotely, can do so through the remote printer drivers. Before you can print remotely off your own device, you will need to download the Windows or Mac Printer Drivers. From this page, scroll down and download the printer driver for either Mac or Windows. Once the installer runs and completes its install, you will be able to print to the "Ricoh Universal" Printer while on a USF WiFi Network. Feel free to pull up your document and edit its print settings to your liking prior to sending it to print. A dialog box should pop up asking for your NetID, and following entering it, the document will be sent over to the print station.
Using the Print Station:
USFSM Information Commons offers two different printers located on the 2nd floor of the Main Rotunda. Our free standing printer/copier combo prints only in Black and White, while our desk mounted printer prints in both Black and White or Color. Approach the required printer, and swipe your USF ID on the card reader to the right of each printer's print screen. The card reader should turn orange when correctly swiped. From here, all your print jobs should be listed if you've correctly sent them to the printer. If you click on each print job, you can see the cost to page breakdown. Keep in mind, that you only have $3.00 per day of free printing. This does not build up over time, and if you need additional daily funds you must purchase them through your BullsBucks account. More information regarding this process can be found on the back of your Student ID. After selecting the print jobs you want to print, click print and the documents should begin printing at the respective printer.
Things to Keep in Mind:
Each SIDE of printed on paper cost $.11 in black and white, and $.22 in color. This means that if you double side print a document, it does not save you money. Additionally, leaving color setting on a print job that is all black and white can accrue significant costs quickly.
The copier system charges for each page as well, but will not warn you in advance of the charges like the print station.
If you need to scan a document, please use the freestanding printer and add documents to the scanner. This service is free and requires only an ID and provided recipient email address for delivery.
If you have any questions at any time, please seek out the Academic Resource Desk staff for assistance.
For those interested in creating copies or scanning documents while on campus, the Information Commons offers the opportunity to do so. Within our space, students can utilize the black and white printer in the space. After swiping their USF IDs through the card reader, students should press the HOME button (blue button on-screen with a white house). This will open up the options to do either copying or scanning.
1. After swiping your ID, press the "Copy" button on the screen.
2a. For one-sided documents or those which isn't 8.5'' x 11'' (standard paper size), place the item you want to be copied on the glass platform, after lifting the top of the printer. Make sure to place the document face down.
2b. For two-sided documents, place them in the feed tray at the top of the printer with the documents facing up towards you.
3. On the screen, type in the number of copies you want to create. Keep in mind, this charges your student ID $.11 a page and will only print out in black and white.
4. Press Start and the printer should go over the copies and print out the amount specified as long as you have funds.
5. Log out once you're done by pressing the "Log Out" button on the top right of the screen.
1. After swiping your ID, press the "Scan" button on the screen.
2. Press the "Manual Entry" button and enter your USF email address. Enter this by pressing "OK".
3a. For one-sided documents or those which isn't 8.5'' x 11'' (standard paper size), place the item you want to be copied on the glass platform, after lifting the top of the printer. Make sure to place the document face down.
3b. For two-sided documents, place them in the feed tray at the top of the printer with the documents facing up towards you.
4. Press start and the document(s) should scan. If you have additional documents to scan in the same session, place those on the proper scanning platform or tray.
5. Continue to scan until you are done. At this point, you can press the "#" button which will send out the PDF document of the compiled scans. This will deliver to your email in a few minutes as a SINGLE PDF document. If you need the documents separate, you can either scan them in individually and press # after each, or you can use an online tool to separate PDFs.